Assistant Store Manager - Larkspur, CA - Marin
Ethereal, Vibrant, Luxurious, and Universal; this is what inspires our “Joie de vivre” and all that is quintessentially Calypso St. Barth.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager and Sales team in maximizing and achieving store goals, providing an exceptional shopping experience for the customer and managing the store in accordance with the company visual and operational standards. The Assistant Manager assumes responsibility for the operations of the store as “Manager-on-Duty” in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Serve as a role model by actively participating in clienteling, add-on selling, and networking
- Drive sales by assisting the customer and Sales Associates with product knowledge and styling that effectively meets and exceeds their needs
- Inspire Sales team to be proactive in achieving selling standards and store goals
Maximize sales through observation and consistent floor supervision
- Create a repeat customer base through active client outreach, building and maintaining relationships
- Assist Sales team on creating a Client Program and Book that develops and builds a client base that generates sales on a consistent basis
- Inspire Sales team to devise VIP events and programs that create client loyalty and acquire new customers
- Ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies and directives
- Maintain displays, fill in merchandise on sales floor, and assist in floor-set execution
- Work alongside Sales staff ensuring the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image. Assists in maintaining cleanliness of store and backroom / stockroom
- Along with Store Manager; partners with Planning, Allocation and Buying teams to ensure appropriate assortment for the store
- Provide timely feedback to staff regarding visual direction, with guidance from the Visual Merchandising team
- Ensure Sales associates are trained on product knowledge, selling skills, customer service and store operations
- Provide coaching and feedback to Sales Associates that inspire sales excellence
- Understand, support and comply with all company policies and procedures
- Help control all company assets (i.e., payroll hours, fixtures, cash, inventory and property) and completes all paperwork promptly and accurately
- Foster a work climate that inspires mutual trust, respect and teamwork
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years’ experience in a retail management position (preferably in luxury product or women’s apparel)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Competent computer skills to work on our POS system, use Microsoft Office Suite and write emails
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Math proficiency (for completion of purchases, ledgers, bank deposits and schedules)
- Must be able to lift boxes, move selling floor fixtures, and climb stairs
- Possess and uphold a friendly, positive and professional behavior
- Strong observation skills; identifying and assessing customer and employee behavior
- Ability to create a quality-working environment that will inspire others to develop and excel
Since launching its first store in 1992 in St. Barth, Calypso St. Barth has grown from a modest French resort-wear line into a global luxury lifestyle brand with a passionate following. Ethereal, Vibrant, Luxurious, and Universal; this is all that is quintessentially Calypso St. Barth and inspires our “Joie de vivre”!
Calypso St. Barth is a luxury lifestyle brand with a passionate international following. Inspired by travel, culture & the arts, we offer women’s apparel, accessories and home décor. Devoted to creating unique and quality pieces, we incorporate exquisite textures, rich colors, special embellishments & modern twists on ancient artisan techniques. Our pieces provide a sense of escape from the everyday and inspire customers to live a beautiful, joyous life. We are an inspiring team-oriented environment with opportunities for growth. Ideal candidates should possess a distinctive combination of creativity and business acumen and passion for our unique brand.
Calypso St. Barth has over 50 boutiques in the US, as well as a successful E-commerce web site, and wholesale distribution to select luxury, specialty stores and resorts worldwide. The Calypso St. Barth offices are located in the unique, up and coming area of Long Island City (Queens NY). We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, PTO, employer paid life insurance, a generous discount on our merchandise and more.
Thank you for your interest in Calypso St. Barth. We look forward to receiving your resume.
Calypso St. Barth is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/d/v/m/f employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.