Part Time Support & Stock Associate - Montauk, NY
Ethereal, Vibrant, Luxurious, Fresh and Universal; this is what inspires our “Joie de vivre” and all that is quintessentially Calypso St. Barth.
The Support & Stock Associate is responsible for supporting the selling process and the basic operations of the store. The Support & Stock Associate will ensure the backroom is organized and running in an effective and efficient manner, receive and account for all inventory and deliveries.
- Ensure merchandise is delivered to the sales floor, fill in merchandise and maintain the fitting room area
- Manage the backroom / stockroom; ensure deliveries are processed and are floor ready
- Control inventory and shrink losses according to company standards
- Assist in supervision of the fitting rooms and manage “go backs” for sales staff and customers
- Support in the basic operational transactions that supports the selling process
- Welcome customers and help set the tone for a friendly, professional shopping experience
- Participates in a work climate that inspires mutual trust, respect and teamwork to achieve goals
- Maintain displays and coordinates floor-set execution
- Keep a clean and visually appealing cash wrap area, maintain display cases, accessory fixtures, etc.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of store and backroom / stockroom
- Process incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments
- Communicate with Distribution Center to confirm shipping and delivery times, inventory needs, etc.
- Completes other duties assigned by store management
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one year of retail experience
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Basic computer skills to work on our POS system, Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Possess and uphold a friendly, positive and professional behavior
- Ability to foster a work climate that inspires mutual trust, respect and teamwork
- Must be able to lift boxes, move selling floor fixtures, and climb stairs