Part Time Support & Stock Associate - Westport, CT
Ethereal, Vibrant, Luxurious, Fresh and Universal; this is what inspires our “Joie de vivre” and all that is quintessentially Calypso St. Barth.
The Support & Stock Associate is responsible for supporting the selling process and the basic operations of the store. The Support & Stock Associate will ensure the backroom is organized and running in an effective and efficient manner, receive and account for all inventory and deliveries.
- Ensure merchandise is delivered to the sales floor, fill in merchandise and maintain the fitting room area
- Manage the backroom / stockroom; ensure deliveries are processed and are floor ready
- Control inventory and shrink losses according to company standards
- Assist in supervision of the fitting rooms and manage “go backs” for sales staff and customers
- Support in the basic operational transactions that supports the selling process
- Welcome customers and help set the tone for a friendly, professional shopping experience
- Participates in a work climate that inspires mutual trust, respect and teamwork to achieve goals
- Maintain displays and coordinates floor-set execution
- Keep a clean and visually appealing cash wrap area, maintain display cases, accessory fixtures, etc.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of store and backroom / stockroom
- Process incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments
- Communicate with Distribution Center to confirm shipping and delivery times, inventory needs, etc.
- Completes other duties assigned by store management
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one year of retail experience
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Basic computer skills to work on our POS system, Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Possess and uphold a friendly, positive and professional behavior
- Ability to foster a work climate that inspires mutual trust, respect and teamwork
- Must be able to lift boxes, move selling floor fixtures, and climb stairs
Calypso St. Barth is a luxury lifestyle brand with a passionate international following. Inspired by travel, culture & the arts, we offer women’s apparel, accessories and home décor. Devoted to creating unique and quality pieces, we incorporate exquisite textures, rich colors, special embellishments & modern twists on ancient artisan techniques. Our pieces provide a sense of escape from the everyday and inspire customers to live a beautiful, joyous life.
Calypso St. Barth has over 50 boutiques in the US, as well as a successful E-commerce web site, and wholesale distribution to select luxury specialty stores and resorts worldwide. The Calypso St. Barth offices are located in the unique, up and coming area of Long Island City (Queens NY). We offer competitive salaries, a generous discount on our merchandise and more. We are an inspiring team-oriented environment with opportunities for growth. Ideal candidates should possess a distinctive combination of creativity and business acumen and passion for our unique brand.
Calypso St. Barth is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/d/v/m/f employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.