Payroll Specialist - Long Island City, NY
We’re seeking a highly organized, detail orientated Payroll Specialist to support all administrative activities necessary to support multi-state retail payrolls and benefits. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a multistate payroll which includes an hourly, salaried, commission and bonus structure.
- Responsible for preparing, processing, reporting and tax compliance for semi-monthly and bi-weekly, multi-state payroll through ADP Workforce Now.
- Reconciliation, control, disbursement and reporting of employees authorized and/or legally mandated payroll deductions.
- Creating and running payroll related reports.
- Maintain related payroll records, filing tax reports and quarterly/annual earnings reports.
- Assist Human Resources in the administration of all employee statutory and voluntary benefit plans (medical, dental, retirement plan, flexible spending, commuter and COBRA)
- Accurately recording the accumulation and use of PTO.
- Checking and auditing timekeeping records for compliance.
- Maintaining time and attendance records, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions.
- Data entry of new hires and processing terminations in a timely fashion.
- Processing manual paycheck requests for California terminations.
- Calculate and process manual checks, as required.
- Posting changes in pay and tax status, calculating and preparing entries.
- Manage year-end process, W2 filing and adjustments as required.
- Inspecting automated system output such as payroll registers and standard reports, determining and correcting out-of-balance conditions.
- Researching and preparing special reports for management.
- Maintaining payroll and related records.
- Three to five years of related experience with a multi-state payroll setup and processing
- Working knowledge of benefits administration
- Experience in supporting a Corporate and Retail business environment.
- Strong knowledge of payroll processes, laws and regulations.
- Proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from corporate and field managers and associates.
- Ability to handle confidential matters using sound judgment and discretion.
- Must enjoy working independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple tasks, use sound judgment and make appropriate decisions
- Must be detail oriented, diligent, possess a sense of urgency and be proactive.
- Proficient in payroll systems and experience with ADP Workforce Now a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite with proficiency in Excel.